Story Edition - NOAA predicts busy 2022 Atlantic hurricane season

 
Show/hide duplicate news articles.
<<10<12345678910>>>10
Timeline loading
 
Show/hide duplicate news articles.
<<10<12345678910>>>10

Tools

Load latest edition

Tuesday, June 28, 2022

4:33:00 AM CEST

Subscribe
RSS

Languages Collapse menu...Expand menu...

Select your languages

ab
ar
az
be
bg
bs
ca
cs
da
de
el
en
eo
es
et
fa
fi
fo
fr
ga
gl
ha
he
hi
hr
hu
hy
id
is
it
ja
ka
km
ko
ku
ky
lb
lo
lt
lv
mk
ml
ms
mt
my
na
ne
nl
no
ny
os
pap
pl
ps
pt
ro
ru
si
sk
sl
so
sq
sr
sv
sw
ta
th
tr
uk
ur
vi
zh
all
Show additional languagesHide additional languages

Interface:

Legend Collapse menu...Expand menu...

Geolocation Information

Place : United
Geo Path : United,Westmoreland,Pennsylvania,U S
lat : 40.21833   lon : -79.48806

Quotes... Extracted quotes

Rick Spinrad said: "If you go back two years, the 2020 hurricane season broke records across the board and it's the most active season on record with 30 named storms," "The 2021 hurricane season, which is the third most active year on record in terms of names of storms brought us 21 named storms with impacts, ranging from the Appalachian Mountains all the way to New England, resulting in over $78.5 billion in US damage"

wrcbtvTuesday, May 24, 2022 9:04:00 PM CEST

Matthew Rosencrans said: "Yes, the loop current does look like 2005,"

wrcbtvTuesday, May 24, 2022 9:04:00 PM CEST

Rick Spinrad said: "We simply can't point to a particular storm, a strong storm like Hurricane Ida, and say 'there is climate change,'"

financialpostTuesday, May 24, 2022 7:54:00 PM CEST

Rick Spinrad said: "We are in an active period," "There are certain ingredients that drive the intensity and the frequency of hurricanes"

wrcbtvTuesday, May 24, 2022 9:04:00 PM CEST

Bob Robichaud said: “Obviously someone who lives right out on the coast is going to have some other hazards to deal with as someone who lives inland and is not subject to storm surge,”

globalnewsTuesday, May 24, 2022 8:50:00 PM CEST

Phil Klotzbach said: “This continuous La Niña-like signal we’ve seen for the last several years looks like it’s probably going to persist through this year’s hurricane season,”

tampabayTuesday, May 24, 2022 9:27:00 PM CEST

Matthew Rosencrans added: "But it depends if a storm actually moves over that loop current and forecasting the specific track of storms is not something we can do beyond a week time frame,"

wrcbtvTuesday, May 24, 2022 9:04:00 PM CEST

Deanne Criswell said: “So, whether we face three storms or thirty storms, I’d like you to know that FEMA, we are ready for this hurricane season,”

cbs17Tuesday, May 24, 2022 11:36:00 PM CEST

Rick Spinrad said: “One of those storms, Hurricane Ida, of course, made a huge impact right here in New York City,”

eepTuesday, May 24, 2022 8:31:00 PM CEST

Rick Spinrad said: “We just experienced two extremely active hurricane seasons marking the first time on record that two consecutive hurricane seasons have exhausted the list of 21 storm names,” “If you go back two years the 2020 hurricane season broke records across the board and it was the most active season on record with 30 named storms”

brownsvilleheraldTuesday, May 24, 2022 7:54:00 PM CEST

Rick Spinrad said: “With top winds of at least 111 mph,”

cbs17Tuesday, May 24, 2022 11:36:00 PM CEST

Joe Biden said: “In 2021, it was the third-most active hurricane season ever recorded, including the first hurricane to hit the Northeast in 30 years, killing more than 100 people and causing billions — billions of dollars — in damage,” “And given the climate crisis, it’s likely to — we expect another tough hurricane season,”

eepTuesday, May 24, 2022 8:31:00 PM CEST

Deanne Criswell warns: "anyone can be in the direct path of a hurricane and in danger from the remnants of a storm system" "It's important for everyone to understand their risk and take proactive steps to get ready now by visiting Ready.gov and Listo.gov for preparedness tips, and by downloading the FEMA App to make sure you are receiving emergency alerts in real-time,"

CBSnewsTuesday, May 24, 2022 8:18:00 PM CEST

Rick Spinrad said: “NOAA is predicting an above-normal 2022 Atlantic hurricane season, which would make this year the seventh consecutive above normal season,”

nbc12Tuesday, May 24, 2022 7:14:00 PM CEST

Rick Spinrad said: “It’s never too early to prepare for the devastating impacts of hurricanes,”

cbs17Tuesday, May 24, 2022 11:36:00 PM CEST

Chad Myers said: "The warm water is simply too deep and the hurricane has an unlimited supply of hot water for intensification,"

wrcbtvTuesday, May 24, 2022 9:04:00 PM CEST

Gina Raimondo said: “Early preparation and understanding your risk is key to being hurricane resilient and climate ready,”

cnbcTuesday, May 24, 2022 8:31:00 PM CEST

Deanne Criswell said: “Across the U.S., know what your risk is. Once you know what your risk is, then you can make a plan to protect your family,”

cbs17Tuesday, May 24, 2022 11:36:00 PM CEST

John Nielsen-Gammon said: “Essentially everything is pointing toward an active Atlantic season,”

click2houstonTuesday, May 24, 2022 11:58:00 PM CEST

Rick Spinrad said: “it only takes one storm to damage your home, neighborhood and community,” “Preparedness is key to resilience, and now is the time to get ready for the upcoming hurricane season”

seattletimesTuesday, May 24, 2022 11:05:00 PM CEST

Rick Spinrad said: “We can’t simply point to a particular storm, whether it’s a strong storm like Ida or any others, and say, ‘There, that is climate change,’” “The attribution is more in the patterns, the tendencies, the mode that we’re in”

click2houstonTuesday, May 24, 2022 11:58:00 PM CEST

Dan Kottlowski said: “People in Tampa Bay have had a lot of close calls but not a direct hit,” “That’s largely because of luck and, with more storms headed into the Gulf of Mexico, people there need to be ready”

tampabayTuesday, May 24, 2022 9:27:00 PM CEST

Rick Spinrad said: "Specifically, there's a 65 percent chance of an above-normal season, a 25 percent chance of a near-normal season [and] just a 10 percent chance of a near-normal season," "For the range of storms expected, NOAA calls for a 70 percent probability of the following ranges: 14 to 21 named storms with top winds of at least 39 miles per hour. Of these, six to 10 will become hurricanes with top winds of at least 74 miles per hour"

newsweek-USATuesday, May 24, 2022 7:01:00 PM CEST

Deanne Criswell said: "We've seen such a dramatic change in the type of weather events that could be seen as a result of climate change,"

independent-UKTuesday, May 24, 2022 8:13:00 PM CEST

Deanne Criswell said: “We are seeing these storms develop faster, they’re developing more frequently, and so it’s giving our state and local emergency managers less time to actually warn the public,”

newsnow-co-ukTuesday, May 24, 2022 10:10:00 PM CEST

Nick Shay says: “In 2005, we have what is known as the hurricane Trifecta in the Gulf of Mexico,”

thevergeTuesday, May 24, 2022 7:08:00 PM CEST

Countries

Subtitles

  • For a 7th Year, a Busy Hurricane Season Is Expected - The New York Times
  • NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2022
  • NOAA predicts above-normal 2022 Atlantic Hurricane Season
  • ...
  • Canadian Hurricane Centre predicts ‘active’ season in the months ahead
  • Expect 'active' hurricane season, U.S. forecasters warn
  • Above-average hurricane season forecast by NOAA

Names

Categories